Monday, April 27, 2009

Market Weekend

This weekend we were all about market - City Market on Saturday, and the Earth Day celebration at All Souls on Sunday. It was an amazing weekend - it's like the gods ordered up perfect weather for convincing people to come out and buy lilac. (Or the power of lilac is such that it can command weather that will make people come out and buy it. I'm telling you, the lilac has a powerful pull.) Since I forgot the pics for opening weekend, these from Saturday will have to do:







Here's the craft display from Saturday morning. By Saturday afternoon it was looking much more sparse - which is, after all, the whole point - but I've got to make some more stuff! Fortunately I've got a road trip coming up - Clark's running the half marathon in DC this coming weekend (and I'm jogging around on my now-feeling-better gimpy achilles and cheering for him). Road trips are always excellent for getting a bunch of knitting done. Being able to knit in the car (and while watching tv and while waiting at swim classes and tee ball practices) is pretty much integral to my business plan.


Sunday at the Earth Day celebration they had a blessing of the bikes. Here's Sam helping Brian bless a group of bikes.


I have to say, I was pretty sad Pippi didn't get blessed. I think she would have really appreciated it. But she did get out for an adventure Sunday morning. I woke up at 6:30 and I immediatley thought "I've got to get outside quick or I'm going to have spent this whole weekend standing around at my tent." So I threw on some biking clothes and headed out on Pippi. We had a most lovely ride up Sunset Mountain and through Woodfin to the river and back home. Next time I'm going to remember my camera, because the views from Sunset are unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment