2. what everyone now calls that malady formerly known as "the stomach flu" (which makes sense, since it always kind of bugged me that the stomach flu didn't, in fact, have anything to do with influenza.)
3. the reason there hasn't been a peep out of me in the last few days
4. utter misery - if only for a few hours
5. a sure sign from the universe that I definitely picked the right man. Anyone who's willing to keep getting up in the middle of the night with someone who can't stop throwing up, and fetch ice chips, and pots to put by the bed, all with a sweet, sweet smile, is definitely a keeper.
6. reason number 489 why I will never get on a cruise ship. Apparently norovirus + cruise ship = true love. Whereas cruise ship + legionnaires disease = only a heavy flirtation.
7. the end result of going to help tutor second graders in math every day. Elementary schools + norovirus = fatal attraction.
8. the reason I've gotten to watch every minute of the Olympics for the last few days with no hint of guilt. But, as the Olympics are drawing to a close, so is my bout with norovirus.
More nonsickness news to follow. One hopes.