Friday, December 27, 2013

Biltmore


Continuing with our vacation week, we woke up this morning thinking. . . what to do, what to do?  Actually, no -  that's how Sam and Clark woke up.  I woke up thinking about the packages I needed to get ready to ship.  But once that was done, and Sam had crushed me in bumper pool, we turned our attention to the rest of the day.  And decided to head over to Biltmore Estate to see the Christmas decorations.  


I have been to Biltmore approximately 1,989,989 times.  I grew up in Asheville, and for several years boarded a horse there (which is AMAZING - you can ride all over the Estate.)  More recently, I spend a lot of time running there - you can run a 10 mile out and back on the river that's dead flat - which is hard to come by in this area, and perfect for tempo runs.  

But, it's been a while since I've been to Biltmore when the Christmas decorations are up.  And Christmas is kind of one of their things.  So we went.



You can see Biltmore really brings out the gravitas in Clark and Sam.



Biltmore is so beautiful, that even this is pretty - and this is the side of the stables that you can only see from the public restrooms.  


We made it through the downstairs of the house - which is where most of the decorations are  - but sadly I have no photographic proof since picture taking isn't allowed in the house.  We gave up on seeing the upstairs - it was crazy crowded, and we've been through the house a zillion times, so we headed outside instead.



Where Sam and I played with the panoramic feature of the iPhone.  Pretty good.


And finally we hung around long enough to see it lit up at night - which was all that Sam really wanted.






No comments:

Post a Comment