Friday, October 21, 2011

Weekend Update

I'm supposed to be mountain biking right now - but alas, I'm instead being quasi-business like.  "Quasi" because I'm actually playing on the blog, but *then* I'm going to go do business type stuff, so that counts.  I'm not on my bike because the universe wanted me to restock Woolworth Walk.  It expressed this to me by giving me a mild case of asthma upon awakening.  I almost never have asthma problems, except when I exercise hard in cold weather, but today the universe decided I should work.  Or maybe it decided I should stay off my foot.  Either way I decided to heed the warning.  When biking, I often find it useful to have full lung function.  I'm picking up some Singulair today, to go with my almost-never-used inhaler, and then all will be right with the world again.

Speaking of Woolworth, Southern Highland Craft Fair is in town today - which is not a non-sequitur, because the Southern Highland fair is held right down the street from Woolworth, and thus lots of people interested in craft tend to wander their way down the street to Woolworth also.  I had forgotten this when I went to restock Woolworth yesterday, and didn't bring enough stuff.  So I've got to go back today.  This is a good problem to have.

And speaking of restocking, we're also back at the Asheville City Market on Saturdays from now until the end of time.  Or maybe just Christmas.  I have to say, it was funnnnn going back for the first time last Saturday.  We've been doing that market for so long now that it kind of feels like home.  We do have a different spot - because they've got a bunch of artisans and crafters coming now and we're all in one spot - a critical mass of good design and interesting art, if you will.  But it turns out I like my new neighbors, so we're happy.  Except that Anomaly and her amazing cupcakes have been MIA the last couple of weeks, so when she shows back up all will truly be right with the world.  Or at least the market.

The rest of the weekend includes: the corn maze (we've never done it - I'm totally planning on having fun.  Or else I'm calling 911), Sam's last baseball game of the year (kind of ready for that one), some mountain biking, and dinner with an old friend who's in town.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment