Saturday, October 1, 2011

Success!!

I just got back from a trip to Ten Thousand Villages, and I'm happy to report - success!  And here it is:



So now you're thinking - what does this slightly strange looking zebra print bracelet have to do with success?  Well - it's big.  By which I mean it's big around.  Because, my bangles are the standard size that one can get most anywhere in America.  I know, because I've compared them.  But  - a lot of women can't wear that standard size.  It's a little on the snug side.  So I've been trying to figure out where to find a slightly larger bangle so I could make a mold out of it.  [And if you're wondering how that works - look here, my treatise on figuring out how to make molds.]

And finally I had one of those eureka! moments.  Ten Thousand Villages is all hand made from artisans in little villages.  So I figured they wouldn't be making things the standard size - they probably wouldn't even know anything about the standard size.  And I was right!  All sorts of things to choose from.  And this zebra bangle fit the bill.

So - look out world, I'm breaking out the silicone.  And shortly thereafter, the bangles are coming in two sizes.  World domination of botanical resin bangles must be just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment