Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Swimming at the Y, and NEW WEBSITE!

Robin and I met up at the downtown Y this morning to get a swim in. Why am I not at Masters? Because Andrew took his Warren Wilson kids to Key West for 10 days. Key West!!!! Not that I'm bitter or anything, when it hasn't gotten above freezing in a week here. I'm sure they're having a lovely time, and I'm happy for them, but that doesn't make the thin layer of ice that covered my car when I finished swimming this morning any more appealing. Key West!! So anyway, Robin and I had a lovely time, and I got 3000 yards in, which is ok [and I'm loving it that I've now been swimming enough that 3000 yards seems fine but not like a particularly big deal.] But right beside us was a high school team practicing, and I find it's always useful to see someone who's actually good at swimming, so as to remind myself of what actual proficiency at this skill looks like. Hint: it doesn't look like my one-armed fly drill. Which is what I always do when fly is called for. Unless fins are allowed, in which case I do what I'm sure is a very amusing version of actual fly.

Other news: I totally redid my website! It's true - go take a look if you don't believe me: www.spotteddogfarm.net. Maybe this one looks better, cleaner, more elegant? Or maybe I was just tired of the old one. Either way, I'm happy with it, but if you have any suggestions - I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment