Tuesday, January 19, 2010

All Bikes, All the Time

Last week I was feeling like I couldn't remember the last time I had really ridden my bike. I had a few trainer rides in, but it seemed to aggravate the achilles that was originally aggravated over Christmas, so those weren't even particularly impressive rides. This week - I feel like the bike saddle has become permanently attached to my bottom. Ok, that's a little exaggeration, but I've ridden my bike every day since last Friday. Yay bike! Yay me.

The weather is finally back to normal NC winter weather - 40s or even 50s during the day - so Friday I rode Pippi on my normal hour loop around here, Saturday I met Robin and rode my mountain bike (sweet Bertha, she's a trouper), Sunday back on the road bike, Monday I took Bertha back to Bent Creek (which was dreadful - I knew it was going to be muddy so I was mainly on the fire roads, but even the fire roads were a quagmire), and today Robin and I are going to ride again. Maybe back at Bent Creek - hope springs eternal, and I'm hoping the last two days of 50s and sunshine will have dried it out some. Of course first it would have to melt the ice that's still on the ground. But I'm sure that goes hand in hand with drying. Or not.

Anyway, it's lovely to be back on the bike. I'm eyeing up a few mountain bike-ish things for the first events of the year, so it seems like a good idea to actually ride the mountain bike.

In other news, a friend of mine just got a new standard poodle puppy:



I'm in love. Isn't this the sweetest face you've ever seen??

No comments:

Post a Comment