Monday, March 30, 2009

Doctor Day

Today wasn't supposed to be doctor day - but alas it sort of was. Because I finally got in to see a podiatrist for the plantar fasciitis, and then I went to see a different doc for the recurring "my head is full of concrete" symptoms I keep having. As for the plantar fasciitis - I was hoping for a magic bullet, but of course I wasn't going to get one. Because I've read virtually everything I can find on the subject, and I've tried most of the remedies - stretching, icing (and more icing, and more icing), night splints, massage, never-going-barefoot (even in the shower - if you want to turn on your husband, start showering in a pair of crocs), rollering the bottom of my foot, yoga - you name it I've tried it. So instead of offering a magical cure I've never heard of he gave me a cortisone shot (which I really wasn't that into but finally agreed), and then mentioned the dreaded O word - not that one - orthotics. What a pain in the backside. But I guess I'll start walking down that path again.

And then after a bunch of running around (including a quick trip to the farm to water seedlings, some of which are really ready to be transplanted but are just going to have to wait, at least until tomorrow, before I can get started), I went to my second doctor appointment of the day. (And here I just have to say, I'm really not a hypochondriac, and I'm generally quite healthy, but this spring has just kicked my ass. I'm hoping to change that in the near future.) So I went because I woke up Saturday morning and couldn't breathe through my nose. For the third time in 2 months. And I felt like I was about to lose it - NOT AGAIN!! I CANNOT DO THIS AGAIN!! But then it seemed like maybe some deductive reasoning would serve me better than screaming at the fickle fates, so I tried to figure out what's really going on. And all I could think was that maybe the chlorine in the pools is irritating my sinuses and leaving them much more receptive to allergies etc., so I pilfered some of Clark's Nasacort, and eureka! it actually seemed to help. So Rob gave me some of my own, and I'm *hoping* that's actually going to address this problem. Because I'm a little sick of it.

At this point you're no doubt wondering when you're going to get some actual FARM news. Really, no one wants to read about some one else's health woes, and I get that. But it's all I did today, so that's all I've got. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be a little more productive.

But on one last totally unrelated note, I give two thumbs up to "I Love You, Man." Paul Rudd makes me laugh, and even though the first third of this movie was incredibly cringe inducing (how can one guy manage to get himself into so many mortifying situations??), overall it was really funny.

So there, not farm related, but not sinuses either. No doubt an improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment