Sunday, February 22, 2009

It's Official - The Blog Has New Home

It's official - I'm moving the farm blog over to blogspot (aka where you're reading it right now), and going to make an attempt to keep it updated. (also, let's be honest, it's not really a farm blog, it's more of a whatever's-on-my-mind-right-now blog.) But previously I've used the blog function on iweb for the mac, and while extremely easy to use I think my computer's getting QUITE CRANKY about having to store all of the blog information (or something like that - I don't really have any idea about how that works, but I do know iweb's gotten slower and slower as the blog's gotten more and more entries.) So I'll try to figure out some way to make a clever link on the side of this blog for the old archives (so the hordes of people that keep up with this blog can read them), but from now on it's all blogspot all the time.

In real farm news - started my first seeds yesterday! Woo hoo. A little early, but am trying to make it to the first market date on April 18, so would like to have some seedlings along. I'm going for herbs and a few flowers that can take the cold for the really early stuff. Was fun setting up my MacGyvered version of a greenhouse (imagine if your parents had a sunroom in their basement that they didn't really use anymore, and you had a few sets of shelves, a small portable heater and some blankets to block of the sunroom from the rest of the house, and you'll get the idea.) In other farm news, just put up an electric fence around the larkspur bed so the dogs will stop doing time trials through it and it maight produce some actual flowers. Actually have little tiny seedlings coming up - so exciting. There's a certain element of magic about farming that I find hard to resist. If you'd seen the dogs rampaging through that bed all winter, and now saw teeny tiny little seedlings still making their way to the light, you'd know what I mean about magic. Because god knows it wasn't my horticultural skills that produced those plants.

In totally not farm news, the marathon prep is continuing pretty well - except for my f&*#ing calf, which is pretty cranky about running very fast. Or I should say, seems game for the actual running, but cranky on the back end. Am getting a little worried, since ideally I'll be running the marathon at more than a shuffle, and don't want to do it with one calf on strike. I'm upping the yoga (my cure-all for everything) and I think I'm going to break down and find a real sports massage person to dig into it, although that isn't exactly in the budget right now. Also have read rave reviews of the triggerpoint therapy products, so may break down and order the kit in an attempt to keep muscles loose between massage visits. (who am I, Levi Leipheimer?? I'm really not the sort of person that generally tries to get from massage visit to massage visit. I don't even remember the last time I had a massage. Which I guess might explain the current calf problem.) Anyway - aside from the cranky legs, had a good week. Did 38 miles this week, with one interval workout and one marathon pace workout, also went to swim team (aka Tri Club swim workout) twice for a total of about 4200m, which to be my nonswimming self is a pretty big deal. Go ahead, laugh, I know it's the equivalent of running a 5 mile week.) Am now off to try to restore order to the house - you know it's my day off from everything else when cleaning actually climbs to the top of the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment