Thursday, February 26, 2009

Just Call Me Typhoid Mary

So yesterday I finally acknowledged I was getting a cold - not just some odd "sinus thing" - but I felt pretty decent so I ran 6 slow miles and they felt fine. But then last night I started getting the dreaded "my skin hurts" symptom, and was pretty drag-ass. Uh oh. So I went to the doctor this morning, and I have some random virus to go with my case of. . . strep. Seriously. How weird is that? Apparently my throat is quite the sight to behold - the doctor literally took a step back after looking - but it doesn't particularly hurt. But it did seem like a good idea to lie down across the chairs while I was waiting for the doctor, so that's no doubt a sign that something's not quite right. At any rate, I'm now on antibiotics, and I'm laying low today. Actually sick - go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment