Friday, September 23, 2011

A Quiet Afternoon At Home

Here's what a quiet afternoon at home looks like.  At least this is what impersonates one at our house.  To be fair, first Sam went with me to restock at Woolworth Walk.  He was a doll - patient and easy.  Partly that's his nature, and partly that's because I bribe him with treats from the soda fountain.  You've got to do what you've got to do.

But then when we get home he's ready for some action.  And his most frequent partner in crime is me.  Which, I have to admit, is a whole lot of fun.

First, we explore both of our budding football careers.  You might think I'm a little late to be learning to throw a football, but I'm sure I read somewhere that new experiences are good for the soul.  Lots of personal growth.   And Sam will tell you I'm getting much better at it.  Ok, he's still better, but I'm working on it.



Next we move to to his true love - baseball. Except we live in town, so instead it's whiffle ball.

  
Here's my observation point.



Yep, lying down watching through the net.  Fortunately this is one man whiffle ball, in which I just have to admire the line drives.  Why the net, you might ask?  Because he can really hit a line drive with a whiffle ball.


Then the trudge to retrieve the ball.  


If I was a less lazy mom I'd go get it for him.  Instead I hang out with the third base coach.


Or sometimes I chat with the first base coach.



Sometimes there are dramatic reenactments during the walk back and forth.



Eventually whiffle ball runs its course - and then the first base coach, the third base coach and I all take cover.

















No comments:

Post a Comment