Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Arch Nemesis Part Deux (aka the Elliptical Machine Again)

Back to the Y and 30 min on the Elliptical (strangely had lost the magic today - not that it had much to start with), and then 10 minutes on the recumbent bike (totally the strangest way to exercise I've yet experienced) and then 20 minutes on a regular bike once one opened up. Achilles felt great - yay wonder sock! But am going to try to be smart and still not try to run on it for a few more days. So I guess I'll count 5 miles today if you use my formula for 10 minutes = 1 mile on elliptical, and 15 minutes = 1 mile on an exercise bike, but it really didn't feel like it. I'm thinking I may start doing more of my recovery runs in cross-trainer mode. It's soooo easy to keep the heart rate in recovery zone on an elliptical or bike, and pretty hard to do it while running on hills - which is all I've got. Also may allow me to get more good hard days in if I'm not doing any pounding on the recovery days.

Finished up the day with dinner at Early Girl with Clark, Lewis & Jenny - very good as always. Was over at the farm this morning to meet the farrier - who's one of my favorite people, and also exceptionally good at getting along with the Crown Prince of Spotted Dog Farm - Finn Duncan - which is not a skill all that many people have. Finn actually stood like a semi-adult to be shod - major improvement. While I was there took a look at the flower building where all of the dried flowers were stored for wreath making. Ack! Major cleanout happening as soon as the New Year gets here. But for right now I've sworn off anything that seems like real work. So instead I'm knitting myself a pair of socks. First thing I've knit for myself in ages, and I'm a total snob about hand knit socks - warmest things you'll ever put on your feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment