Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Once a Runner

Just got back from running around North Asheville. And eureka - I'm kind of feeling like a runner again. Hooray! I'm tired of faking it like a quasi-swimmer, or almost-biker. I mean, I'll keep faking it at those things, but it's nice to feel like I'm kind of getting my legs back (from the never-ending, really-painful plantar fasciitis episode of the last year.) Of course I'm still only running about 9 miles a week, so take that for what it's worth.

Also - I totally stole the title of this post. From the quintessential runner book of the same name - check it out. It's being reissued with a new cover so it looks all shiny and new, but I read it in high school and I don't think it was exactly new then. But I did read it again fairly recently, and I still love it.

Had the best meeting at Greenlife this morning - seems like Spotted Dog Farm botanical beeswax candles (and a few lanterns!) will soon be appearing on a shelf near you. (as long as you are near Chestnut St. and Merrimon, that is.) Soooo excited! Will report more later, when they're actually on the shelf - which will take me a few days to accomplish.

Off to eat vegan take out. Cause that's how we roll around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment