Sunday, February 14, 2010

Does It Feel Sick In Here to You?

Because it kind of does to me. I'm that kind of sick where you keep telling yourself you aren't, until finally you're forced to admit - ok, dammit, this isn't really some mysterious sinus ailment, this is actually that malady known as the common cold. But I'm fighting it off in semi-determined fashion. Although I'm trying to be smarter this year. Last year I just kept exercising (repeating the mantra, "it's FINE to exercise as long as it's not in your lungs!"), until I had pretty much forced it into my lungs or until I felt like I'd been run over by a car, and then would still take a week off to get over it. So this year I'm doing something different (maybe I'm growing up?) and just taking a few days off when I start to feel bad. So far it's 3 days off, but I kind of almost felt like running today, so maybe I'll give it a go tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'm making good use of my non-exercising days by actually accomplishing some work. Don't laugh, it's true. I've been very mad-scientist with the beeswax, and behold - the beeswax lantern:


Same shapes, sizes, ideas as the candles, except this is a hollow lantern that's lit with a tea light - so it'll last pretty much indefinitely. Unless you do something crazy, like put a big candle in it - in which case it will melt. But if you act with just a modicum of prudence - and stick with a tea light - this pup will be in it for the long haul. This particular one is also made from white beeswax, which I've been experimenting with and am enamored of. It makes me happy to look at it.

I've also just gotten my seed order in. Which in a normal year would be late, but given the year we're having now it doesn't seem to make any difference -- I don't imagine anything's going to be planted anytime in the foreseeable future anyway.

And also - Michael Oppenheim, a local wedding photographer, just put up a blog with pictures from a wedding I did last year. Love his photography, and shows our flowers off to their best. Thanks Michael! (And thanks to the bride and groom - they were the best, easiest, nicest people to work with.) Just to give you a taste - here's a shot of the bridal bouquet:




No comments:

Post a Comment