Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Folly Beach - *Best* *Beach* *Ever*

Can you tell from the title we enjoyed ourselves at Folly? It's got just the right mix of walking distance to good restaurants, great beach, lifeguards on the beach (always reassuring when you have a 7 year old who likes to play in the waves), good roads for running, a fishing pier for the 7 year old. Basically just a very good time. And our friends Leslie and Tracy went with us, and it was kind of the perfect sized crowd - enough people to always find someone to do something with, not so many that you couldn't get seated at a restaurant. And everyone was so mellow. And indulgent of my desire to watch the Tour. What more could a person ask for??

Here's photographic proof - best beach trip ever!


Sam looking pensive on the pier. There was a King Mackerel fishing contest going on, and he *really* wanted someone to catch one. Alas, it was not to be.



Sam and me. Sweetest kid ever.



Sam and Clark doing crazy beach yoga.




Tracy about to get squeezed to death by the sea serpent Clark and Sam made.




All 3 of us boldly cavorting inside the serpent.





Sam and me - with me pretending like I fish. I don't. But someone had to hold the rod so Clark could take the picture. Also notice sexy bike shorts tan - pasty thighs are always a good look on the beach.




The actual fishermen.



The 3 Musketeers. I met Leslie the first day of college (1990!!!) and now we all live a block apart. Of course I should also point out that I met Tracy the week before law school (1994 - random roommate lottery), and we also now live a block apart. It's a loyal little group we've got here in Five Points.

No comments:

Post a Comment