Monday, September 26, 2011

What Clark's Phone Saw

Clark just had me dump all of the pictures off his phone onto the computer.  And it was pretty entertaining - seeing as he hadn't done it since he got the phone 18 months ago, it was a walk down memory lane.  So, here's the last year (and a half) in review, as seen by Clark's phone.


Behold the waterfall!  Dupont Forest never gets old.


We got a puppy.  A poodle puppy who looked like he was covered in fake fur for the first 9 months of his life.  We love him.  A lot.


It snowed.  A freakish amount.  On Christmas Day, which seemed completely magical.


Headed off to the Christmas show at school with Sam and Shii.


Sam does his first 5K.  Runners take your marks! (Yes, he did wear his Chucks to run.)


My first tri with an ocean swim in Myrtle Beach.  The good news:  I run my way up to second place woman overall.  The bad news:  by the finish I felt just about how I look.


I start making lanterns.  I love the lanterns.  I explain for the 9,999th time that the tea light will not melt the shell.



Boy at the beach.

Sam's first All-Stars team.  This team was very proud of its status.  It didn't win a single game.  No one seemed to care very much.


Sam turns 8.  Many water guns are involved.



Still growing flowers for market.  This goes back a ways.



Before the swim start at Xterra Tsali.  My off-road Tri.  I'm not quite sure what I'm getting myself into.




 The finish of Xterra Tsali.  Very happy.  Very muddy.  The good news - 3rd place woman overall and 2nd fastest run.  The bad news - the first fastest run (and overall winner) put 4 minutes into me on a 5 mile run.  Ouch.  Fortunately she's about the nicest person you'd ever meet.  Plus she once finished on the podium as a pro at the Xterra World Championships.




Sam discovers his one true love.  Sushi.


Yet more flowers.


And - the best dog of them all, Georgia Smith.  May she rest in peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment