Friday, February 5, 2010

I Will Not be Thwarted

This weather. Seriously - slushy icy crap falling from the sky. I suppose I'm glad it's not really snow, since that tends to shut everything down for days at a time (at least if you live in a place that doesn't get enough snow to warrant dedicating a whole lot of equipment to the removal of it.) So this slushy funky mess is at least drivable. But still not great.

So I woke up this morning knowing school was canceled (because that's how we do it here - I don't think we've had a full week of school since Christmas break.) And I needed to get a run in this morning because it didn't happen yesterday afternoon since I was waiting for the furnace repairman instead (that's a whole 'nother interesting story.) And I have a 2 hour trainer ride on the schedule for later today. So I lazed about in bed thinking it wasn't my fault that I couldn't get to the Y - it was sleeting and snowing! A full on Act of God!! But then I heard cars zooming by on Chestnut in what sounded like a whole lot of water. So I sucked it up and went to the Y and got my run in and felt like Wonder Woman. This weather can try its best, but I won't be thwarted!! So now I'm all excited to ride my bike this afternoon (I still have 2 hours of unwatched X Games on my tivo), and I've got wax melting to make candles, and a couple of festival applications ready to be sent. So. . . this weather can try its best, but I will not be thwarted!

(oh wait - now I feel a little unsure about voicing that quite so loudly. Hubris just invites bad things to happen. Perhaps I should say, This weather can continue on just as it is now, and I will make the best of it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment